…well not quite five full years, but close enough…
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I pray this year is full of blessings, peace and joy for you all.
Let’s not spend too long on the subject, but I feel like all I’ve done since starting my blog in 2009 is re-think, re-design, & re-launch! If you’re a blogger, maybe you can relate. Some sites fit neatly into a niche (author/or wanna-be author, mommy blog, home decor, money saving, food, DIY, crafting, fashion, beauty, photography, etc.). That just didn’t work for this particular blogger. Sure, I tried the ‘do what “they” do’ thing for a while…problem is, I’m not them. Whether I should even continue entered into the thoughts and prayers many a time as well. Obviously I’m still here, and here’s what I’ve learned about my purpose.
What I don’t want to do…
- Force content just to maintain a schedule and fill up cyberspace.
- Try to fit any kind of mold. I’m an outside the box kind of girl!
- Compare myself to others. My home, my camera & photos, my body, my life are mine to own and be thankful for.
What I want to do…
- It’s time to start writing about the allium (onion & garlic, etc.) & other food allergies. I’ve had a difficult time finding help out there and want to be a blessing to others who might be looking for help. I’m no medical expert, but I can share my personal experiences and discoveries.
- Post more recipes. This directly relates to the item above, but I won’t post it if it isn’t yummy (in my opinion), so you don’t have to be allergic to the same things I am – or anything for that matter – to enjoy them.
- Strive for content quality while posting about my passions, joys, discoveries & challenges
- Have fun, be myself & serve others!
I’ve chosen a word to focus on for 2014
As recently as 2 days ago I thought it might be something else, but some quiet time yesterday confirmed that this is the one for me! I love that it is both a noun and a verb and will be an excellent reminder for many areas of my life where I need growth and improvement. I will expand more on some of those areas throughout the year, but I’ve already seen a peek at some treasures God has in store for me (or has already provided that I need to treasure more!). I may even start a weekly or monthly one word link up here for others who might want to share.
I’d love to hear about your resolutions, goals, dreams or “one words” for 2014 in the comments below!