Is fall your favorite season? I don’t know if it’s mine or not and I try my best to appreciate each season. If I had a least favorite it would probably be summer, but that’s mostly because I don’t get along well with extreme heat. If I were in a different part of the country (or world) I might love summer, too!
I spent a moment thinking about what I love about the colors of fall:
- The warm colors – the yellows, golds, oranges and reds – come from the sun, the turning leaves, the apples & pumpkins, the chrysanthemums, bonfires & fireplaces. Warm colors bring to mind heat, spice, cheer, passion, comfort.
- The cool colors – the blues, teals, greens, wines & purples – come from the sky, water, the grass, the evergreens, berries & grapes. Cool colors evoke calm, peace, quiet, and rest for me.
- The neutrals – all the brown, black & gray shades – come from the earth, the rocks, the tree trunks & branches. Don’t forget about these very important members of the autumn family. They make me think of strength and constance. They ground the other colors. They come from the very things that anchor the showier, more temporary hues.
Fall. It could be my favorite…right now any way.
I’d love to hear what you love about fall colors!
For a list of all of my Just a Moment posts, scroll to the bottom of this post, or click on the image in my sidebar.
- Sharing Moments for 31 Days
- Bittersweet and Beautiful
- Look for the Good News
- Just Beyond the Crepe Myrtles
- Earthquake, Really
- So Walk in Him
- My Favorite New Planner Feature
- Weekly Planner – Free Printable
- The Change That Matters Most
- A Moment of Prayer for You
- A Makeup Moment – PurMinerals Soul Mattes Palette
- The Colors of Fall
- What Stands Forever
- Rainy Days and Mondays